CHIMCHIMERIE (Languedoc)

It's hailstoning currently in Newtownards so thoughts are on being snuggy.

What we'll probably get in the way of a poele de bois....

Funky Poeles I dream of......dream on........











Chimchimerie, chimchimerie, chim chim cherrie - or something like that. Do I need a chimney sweep or do I call out les Sapeurs Pompiers? we have wasps in our chimney and it's about time they were dealt with, time to install a poele de bois (wood burning stove) time for them to go.
I imagine if I get in the local sweep I'll just get a gallic shrug and if I visit the Sapeurs I'll have to get myself stung first to mobilise them into dealing with a life threatening situation......we will see.


To be honest I'll probably prevaricate and put the whole thing off for another year. But our little 'petrol' heater although affective does not encourage winter visits to St.Pons de Thomieres and indeed an open fire where 90% of the heat goes up the chiminey in Toad Hall also needs a poele inserted. (Poor old Toad Hall totally suffering from neglect)


Comments

Popular Posts