KEEPING REGULAR! (Alps)

I have just looked at my list of blogs I've got as 'favourites' of the 10 of them 5 haven't posted in 2 years and 2 others in a year, so now I don't feel so bad that a month or 2 often go by without me posting. Mind you there are others so regular they must be on a very high fibre diet!

SNOW!
- has arrived with a vengeance in the Portes du Soleil, as it seems to do every year at this time, and I get excited and then it warms up and it goes away again to hopefully reappear in a grand flurry in the third week of December. It has come to such an extent this year that the lifts in Les Gets are apparently opening this weekend, 2 weeks prior to the traditional opening of the adjacent (and much higher) Avoriaz ski lifts. Photographs posted on the net this week by the various local tourist offices are quite stunning, that magical combination of virgin snow and blue skies.

 
And here's the panorama from the Grande Terche webcam i.e. just a short walk and a bubble lift away from our apartment. This webcam will now be viewed on a daily basis until our departure.

Comments

Popular Posts