Autumn and Art in St.Pons (Languedoc)

This November in St.Pons wasn't as crisp and sunny as last year but it was still good walking weather. Day one took me along the Voie Vert to Corniou where I sketched the rooftops (I chickened out of the oil painting challenge) and walking back I veered off over the hill and came across the graffiti encrusted bench (below), it was like a piece of art - maybe it is? I'd love it in my garden, the colours and layers were gorgeous I'm definitely going to do a painting of it entitled 'Love Seat'




Another walk, back to Riols and the search for the 'Stele' there. A stele is a commemorative monument and Karl and I had attempted to find it one very hot summers day and gave up. So I climbed up above Riols, going off in the wrong direction making the 200metres it said on the sign more like 500m and when I eventually found it it wasn't up to much. But then I became aware of a little shrine at my feet, and then another and another dotted about, some school party studying Andy Goldsworthy's work had obviously been up the previous day, there were fantastic about a dozen or so little works of art, lovely, really made me happy.




So two excellent excursions, now back to the drawing board.

Comments

Popular Posts