Artists at La Gacilly, Brittany

Some artists I saw exhibiting this summer................ This is a piece by Catherine Chanteloube, she works in natural cotton and linen fabric, the pieces often suspended in the air or placed on the floor, the suspended pieces as you can see react with the light and create their own shaded areas, see more work at http://www.catherinechanteloube.fr/
This is a series of photos copied from the website http://www.muriel-crochet.com/ well worth a visit to appreciate the development of Muriel's projects. She works with fabrics, yarns and paper like a kalidiscope, making etherial objects from her own dream world, I loved her work.
A third artist I really liked was Aurelie Mathigot, unfortunetly I couldn't copy from her website, she embroiders over photographs she's had printed on canvas and crochets anything from a cupcake to an entire dinner table setting. I had just been thinking about my own paintings and the cross motif I often add into landscapes that I could do this in cross stitch if I painted on canvas - so there you go another far from original idea!

Comments

Popular Posts