NOILLY PRAT (Languedoc)

After several years we finally got around to visiting the Noilly Prat distillery in Marseillan. I'd never drunk Noilly Prat and only knew about it thanks to Rick Stein's fish recipes were I always substitute a slosh of martini. To be honest I didn't even think you did drink Noilly Prat, I thought it was just for cooking. What a pleasant surprise was in store!

In the cave, son looking p****d off, waiting for the drink to appear....
So now I an a complete fan, after sampling and the purchase of 3 big bottles, yum, yum. It is amber nectar. But woe, can I get more supplies it in Norn Ireland? Have seen it for sale in an Aberdeen deli at a rediculous price, haven't looked around Belfast yet - Direct Wine Shippments might sort it out.
But another visit to Marseillan will be no chore, a lovely spot; clear water, pretty harbour, quiet even in summer, waterfront cafes and a great wee interiors shop. We finally got some substantial tablecloth weights, I'd been on the lookout for yonks, although to be honest you need a breeze block or 2 when the wind gets up in the languedoc.




Comments

  1. Noilly Prat(dry)has been located in a surprisingly very good wine store in Armagh. Hurray.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts