MIRO



I see there's to be a Miro exhibition in London over the summer, this and the watercolour exhibit at the Tate would make a trip well worthwhile, but have I got the time?

I love Miro's work, he's in my top 5 painters. I have been lucky to visit his retrospective gallery in Barcelona, (the city is about 3 hours drive from our house in St. Pons).


His work just makes me smile.


Apart from being born and bred in Barcelona and having a love of colour I don't know a lot about Miro, I do admire people who know and can speak about painters and the history of art, reading about art is just yet another thing I never get around to - I just like to look at the pictures :-)



I found a quote I rather liked which was along the lines of - my subjects have undergone the same process of simplification as the colours used - now that they have been simplified they appear more alive than if they had been portrayed in detail.


'The simplest things give me ideas.'


I think I enjoy his work because it strikes me he painted with no pretentions.

Comments

Popular Posts