GOAT IN A BOAT



















This seems to have been the 'year of the goat', I'm usually attracted to taking photos of chickens as I like to paint them, or pigs because they have great character, or even sheep because you usually can't avoid getting them in photos when you are out walking in Ireland. But I've been tripping over goats recently wherever I've been. Goat no.1 is a true Irish goat, silhouetted against the horizon she reminded me of the Mickey Donnelly painting above - except when I went to find this image on the net it turns out to be 'Donkey in the landscape'







More donkeys disguised as goats from a walk in St.Pons, I see the french goat is sporting the short haired trouser this year not the shaggy ones popular in Ireland. Yum, yum it's daisies again for tea.







And finally 'goat in a boat' looking pretty much like it regrets the idea of taking up boating. The other strange thing about this photo (taken in the Briere national parc in southern Brittany) is the size of those geese, they are some big fellas, maybe explains just why the goat is in the boat?!





The Briere parc is mostly marsh land intersected by channels which in the summer are frequented by these boats being punted along full of tourists - with or without goat I don't know - probably bored out of their minds as it's pretty feature less terrain. There are some cutesy villages about, here the local gimmick is growing a herbaceous boarder along the ridge of your thatched roof. Boy they know how to have fun.

Comments

Popular Posts