ICE ART




















I think Andy Goldsworthy has had a mention in the blog before when I stumbled upon some environmental sculptures probably made by a school class during a walk in the Languedoc - what a delight it was for me. If I came across an ice sculpture like this I would be totally blown away, how does he do it? Having visited his website I understand his construction of ice bridges (which include the graphic detail of having to piss on the supporting rocks to dislodge them) and how he uses icicles to construct sculptural spires and star shapes, but the curves have me baffled. Most of his work is from the 1980's, so a further search revealed what he's up to now.....













A sculpture trail in Provence! hurray, ticks all the boxes for 3 corners of France! It's a 90 mile long trail starting about Digne les Bains in Haute Provence which has been developed by Andy and the local people and will continue to evolve over the years. And there are 4 refuges along the route 'decorated' by Andy in which one can stay. I want to do this walk big time! this is absolutely marvelous, can you tell I'm excited!

Comments

Popular Posts