SNOW ART














O.K. I fibbed, another Alp related blogette. Before we went away I became aware of the work of this guy Simon Beck who produces the snow equivalent of a crop circle. But looking at his photographs I would imagine they take 100% more effort than squashing some grass. He's a keen snow shoe walker, very keen I'd say. Whilst I was floating by virgin snow on chair lifts I was looking for viable locations to create such pieces - not that I had any intention of having a go.















It's quite difficult to find a spot that absolutly no off piste skier has made their mark in. He produces his work in Les Arcs and there seems to be quite a few flattish bowls there. They appear to be a labour of love - he needs a coffee table book contract. I've never tried snow shoe walking, it would be good with a guide taking you to otherwise inaccessible places, but like I said I reckon hard work, zooming along on a pair of skis is so much easier (by the way I got a new pair - quite pretty!)

Comments

Popular Posts