CHIMCHIMEREE no.2




When visiting Toad Hall I usually dream of the day when we get a conservatory and lovely new french doors fitted but thanks to the inclement weather my mind strayed to wood burning stoves - we had the fire lit nearly every evening but 99% of the heat went up the cavernous chimney, but it did look nice. So when I saw poeles de bois on special in the bricomarche there was no stopping me. I threw caution to the wind and bought the bees knees of stoves a GODIN.







Why incautious you ask? Well thicko me, the fireplace in the house looks like a big black hole, the stove in the store looked quite dinky and cute - you can see where this is going. My excuse was that in the catalogue (O.K a different manufacturers) the dimensions were perfect, so I assumed, NEVER ASSUME, something the same shape would be something the same size. STUPID,STUPID, STUPID me. Needless to say my great bargain cost me as the saving evaporated in the fitting charge i.e 2 men, a kango hammer and 10cm of concrete to be excavated. Ho hum. Live and learn.

The photo is our model but from the internet, not in our fireplace. Ours was fitted after I left and we'll probably not see it until summer 2013, does this story seem to get more and more ridiculous?

Comments

Popular Posts