It's turned really chilly here in Northern Ireland and Christmas ain't too far away, I'm begining to think of new moon boots, ski jackets and ski pants, none of which I need, but a wee treat would be nice. There is a light sprinkling of snow currently on the Roc D'Enfer above Grande Terche, it's not the first snow, thats been and gone. Now we want the snow to slowly accumulate, and then I want a really big, big dump starting at 8p.m. on Christmas eve. Just after we've got back to 'Le Nid' from our last dash shopping expedition in Morzine and the candles are lit, the wine is mulled and a lovely feast is being rustled up in the kitchen, I can watch the snowflakes getting thicker in the dark outside, the cars dissapearing under a white cocoon in the car park and everyone is tucked up in their apartments and chalets waiting for Christmas which will dawn with a vivid blue sky.
That's what I want for Christmas (and some perfume, please).

Comments

Popular Posts