EASTER HOLIDAY? (Languedoc)

The word 'holiday' does not really exist in my husbands language, or at least his definition of one is somewhat different from other folks. A holiday without work is an alien concept and holiday planning and packing to him is 'what project is next?' and 'what tools do I need to pack?' Looking back Easter 2010 we were tenting the stairwell ceiling (above), well to be honest I was tenting as he doesn't do ladders and heights, to get up there a dinky step ladder was on a plank, on a tower of breeze blocks, on the stairs.Unfortunately I don't have the finished result photograph as it's still waiting for it's designer Italian blown glass globe pendant lamp which hasn't yet got to St.Pons as to pass it of as hand luggage I'm either going to have to stuff it up a jumper and pretend I'm pregnant or wear it on my head as a hat (neither are really an option).
This year we are devoting our time to the garden, except for putting a velux in the study, and filling in and tiling the back door step, oh and fitting a carpet in no.1 sons room, and .... so it goes on. But I am finally admitting defeat on a manicured lawn in the downstairs garden and I have designed a tiled, pebbled, rocky, woody combo layout which may get started this Easter, depending on the weather. (Downstairs garden is at entrance/street level. Upstairs garden opens out from the 'back' french doors on the 1st. floor and then there is the top garden another level up which is still a little lower than the road that runs behind us, so you can safely say our plot is hilly. But then at the same time all the gardens are quite flat as it is terraced with massive retaining stone walls.) Must go and search for some photographs......


Comments

Popular Posts