RENTAL

                                                                    Not too late to go skiing....

Sorry I've been very quiet lately busy with exhibitions (that's work, loosely speaking) and renovations (but not in France) and also I joined the U3A (junior division!) so that's eating up another 2 afternoons of my time. But travel arrangements have been made for Easter and the summer to the Languedoc and plans are hatching for visits to Toad Hall in Brittany. Other peeps have made the most of visits to Le Nid, our apartment in the Alps. It has been a vintage season for snow conditions. It's not too late to visit and the flat is currently available to rent for Easter week at £300 and the week after at £250. By the next time I post the snow will be replaced by alpine meadows and I'll be drumming up custom for the summer, but for the minute check out those flights to Geneva and go see how long this fine snow will last.
Toad Hall may be open for business this summer, we wait and see, how did it fare through the winter? it's been pretty wet and cold and snowy there just like the U.K. My sister, dear love her, will do the first inspection visit just after Easter and hopefully I'll follow on to a clean, aired and cosy cottage soon after??? Alternately she could be arriving to an indoor pool -  the back room is at a lower level than the back garden and the water table has been high this past year, so renting may have be put on hold if it's damp. Hopefully all will be well, watch this space.....
It crossed my mind to broach the subject of selling Toad Hall with 'the other half', as I said we are renovating at the minute, but that is at my old family home in good ol' norn Ireland, so poor old Toad Hall slips further down the list of things to do, it is a sin the lack of attention it gets, I keep promising one day we'll spend weeks and months there, one day...

Comments

Popular Posts