PAINTINGS FROM FRANCE (Languedoc)

I finally got around to sketching and painting during the last 3 weeks I was away, only to run out of yellow and green watercolour paint, so things sort of tapered off after that considering I was mostly interested in wild flowers. I'm going to treat myself to a really nice field watercolour box next year.

This painting follows on from the pieces I was doing last year (see Art Alfresco post from last September) I wanted to do more in the series but no yellow paint put an end to that.

This little 'postcard' I didn't bother to bring home and it turns out to be Husband's favourite.


This one is verging on the 'twee' -it's the butterflies, they're a bit static, pity because the mark making elsewhere in the painting is rather nice (even if I do say so myself). Will be posting more on my facebook page -  www.facebook.com/pages/Artistic-Ramblings
Will be having an exhibition of the paintings later in the year .

Comments

Popular Posts