LE NID - appartment in the Alps

Just to say I have a facebook page where I try to keep up to date with the ski conditions in winter, what's going on locally and summer activities and events too - so please swing by and 'like'
https://www.facebook.com/skiapartmenttorentinFrenchAlps
Photographs of the apartment there too, I thought I had some interior shot in the blog - somewhere - but if I can't find them there's not much hope for you.

Here's a couple of the kitchenette/dinning area, where hopefully not much work has to be done - 2 restaurants in the village, 2 take away pizza places and 2 bars only minutes walk away.  I like to sit at the table in the morning and watch all the kids emerging from the auberge further up the lane and struggle down to the ski lift, clanking along in their  ski boots, weighed down with skis. Actually I was driving home from Art group last night and had to overtake a cyclist with a lengthy pair of skis strapped to his back! a sight I've never seen before in the Alps and certainly not in the burbs of Belfast in September. 'Oh, he's coming from the Ice Bowl,' I thought, 'must be in an ice hockey team', it's only occurring to me now how stupid! Ice, Barbara = skates! Barbara, d'oh.


Comments

Popular Posts