CHEZ NOUS (Languedoc)

I think I already explained the source of  our property names;
'La Souris' - French for mouse, dead mice found in bath.
Toad Hall' - dead toad squashed in door.
'Le Nid' - no reason at all and somewhat surplus to requirement as it is always referred to as 'the flat' as we are not of 'the apartment' generation.
Chez nous in St.Pons does not have a name, I did purchase the letters from a Spanish ceramica to spell out 'La Pergola' as that is the house's main feature, but these have never been attached to the gate, it is after all a bit of a mouth full.
Following on from the dead animal theme it could be 'Le Ratte', that wouldn't exactly attract guests (one found in garden many years ago) or 'Le Loir' french for dormouse, which I killed after I put down the rat poison, just in case.
I think we will always call it 'Camp Soulel' which is really the name of our street, which is fine for us but not for a name plate on the street A.K.A. Camp Soulel.

Anyway, what is the purpose of this babbling? none really, other than in a couple of weeks time I shall be returning to 'Camp Soulel' (getting there is another story I may well share with you shortly, suffice to say at this moment in time Ryanair is a dirty word in our house). And when I get there I need to take copious photos of the interior, because contrary to popular thought I do not possess many. Having scoured my files and Husband's this was the best I could do.....

 
Kitchen 'before'
 
 
Kitchen 'during'
 
 
Kitchen 'after'
 
Pitiful! I do have a lot of 'befores' and Husband has a lot of 'durings' - fascinating photos of plasterboard framing, wiring and plumbing in progress. He also has a wide array of very grainy camera phone 'afters', such as .....
 
 
This is the chimney in the guest bedroom, note the way he has artistically staged this interior shot with clothes festooned, accessorised with paint pots and a bathroom medicine cabinet on the hearth.
 
I shall get some more befores and durings sorted and then do a photo shoot of 'afters' fit for 'Homes and Gardens' magazine, this my prove slightly problematic as furnishings are not as they would ideally be as we still need to live in the manner to which we have become accustomed here in N.I. Roll on the big move.
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts