GIRO D'ITALIA?

3 corners of France - a page on the Giro d'Italia??
Possibly at some time it has travelled into France? or possibly at sometime the Tour has visited Italy? I don't know, must look it up. Personally I think it's blooming stupid when these events visit other countries - that is until they decide to race through my hometown! This year the Tour starts in Yorkshire and the Giro in Belfast. Apparently this has cost Yorkshire 20 million pounds and Northern Ireland got a bargain for 4 million. O.K as a Francophile I naturally believe the Tour to be the best, but I think once they leave home turf spectator numbers will be much the same for either so I do think Northern Irelands money was the more sensibly spent. It was just a pity it rained and the countryside wasn't shown off at its best.
As they sped past Dunluce Castle I did not catch a glimpse of my favourite rider Pierre Roland in the peloton and team Europcar didn't get off to a great start with the 3 Irish stages, but early days.
Bushmills put on a good show of pink for the Giro, but I have to say the 'caravanne' was absolutely pathetic, very disappointing, not a 'float' in sight just a selection of  everyday vans and cars. This is how it should be done....
 




Freebees include; newspaper, buns, hats, caps, washing powder, glasses cleaning cloths, key rings, things that make noise (various), occasional t-shirt, savoury snacks, haribo sweeties, bottles of water, foam hands, pens, scarves.
I went to the giro and got a lousy paper flag!! Could we not have afforded an extra million and had a decent caravan? money well spent!  

Comments

Popular Posts