ST.PONS SKETCHBOOK (Languedoc)

I gave myself some homework to do over my last trip to St.Pons, as I have a talk to give entitled
 'You are never stuck for inspiration if you keep a sketchbook', I thought I'd better make a jab at a 'proper' sketchbook. My pile of 'sketchbooks' are really ideas books, doodles, scrappy notated very sketchy sketches and experiments and show plans. So I attempted to do a nice smart 'good' sketchbook, so here are some of the results.....
 
'Getting there' scrapbook of souvenirs and the first pen and ink. 

 
 Pen view in the garden
 

 
Pen and wash view into town centre from the garden
 
 
Another pen view in the garden - soluble pen, water added.



Church from the central square.

Another little chapel and narrow street in pen.

You can tell I was enjoying working in just pen?

 
 

 
Another square in the town in pen and wash

 
A rather too colourful view of the town.

 
Some little vignettes from around the town.
There are a lot more potential views in the town and I think I then start working my way along the valley with sketches of the various villages when I return in June.
There are some more in this sketchbook of some places farther afield and I'll post some later on.

Comments

Popular Posts