FETE DE LA CHATAIGNE (2)

Day 2 of the fete, had a quick run around before the hoards of people arrived, and I mean they do arrive like a descending hoard of biblical scale! Started out a lovely day, but descended into the grey scale. And were there dancing girls? Yes I believe there were, but I was happily painting walls white by that stage of the afternoon, as I said it was grey and I'd seen them dancing around the roundabout before so I stayed home. As I slapped on another coat of emulsion I heard the clop of clogs on tarmac, the whining pipes, drums and applause, so I think everyone enjoyed themselves. But comme d'habitide the cry goes up 'it wasn't as good as last year' (except for the sunshine).

Some more photos.....

 
I mentioned the large security presence?
 
 
You cannot have too much bread in France

 

 
Mediaeval jouster discusses brick laying, of course.

 
Some of the roving musicians.
See you again next year.
 

Comments

Popular Posts