BACK TO BRITTANY

We are due to pay a visit/working holiday to our little house in Quelneuc, Brittany later this month. Our last visit coincided with me in anti social media mode so now I will fill in the gap in my blog diary; this blog serves as a reminder for me as opposed to being of any real use to anybody else!  (But 'hello there' if you are reading this, I hope you enjoy the photos or get something of use/interest from my very grammatically incorrect writing).

O.K. it was back in April that we journeyed to the frozen north, only to find ourselves enjoying beautiful weather in Brittany whilst the Herault continued to suffer the continued wintery weather which finally resulted in what people considered the worst winter in living memory i.e. 15 years, i.e. the longest time any Brits I know have lived around here.

O.K. back to radiant Brittany. I became fixated with skies/mistletoe/pruned trees/rape seed fields. I haven't counted how many photos of these things I took (I can't because I've deleted half of them and still have loads) but here are just one of each (well maybe 2, or 3)

 
Look at  that colour - no enhancement required. A few 100 metres from our house.

 
Masses of mistletoe everywhere. Looking moody and a bit spooky with a filter.


The field behind our house.
 
 
Tree pruning had achieved mad levels this year. Super silhouettes.


 
Photo taken whilst lying down in a rape seed field.

 
I mean, what's the point? Just cut it all off.
 
All of that resulted in lots of thumbnail sketches which I doubt will never progress to painting stage. I would need to have got stuck into it at the time when the mood was with me.
 
 
 
Some Thumbnails
 
 I'll keep this short for the moment and report on the 2 great days out sketching with USk Lorient and Croquis Redon another time. And photos of other places we visited will also appear later.....

Comments

Popular Posts